Thursday, 20 November 2014

Matt's Birthday Night 11/11/14


Hi All, sorry I havn’t posted in a while, we have just moved into the staff accommodation (more about that later) and there hasn’t been any internet.

As you know, last Tuesday was Matt’s birthday.


We went out for a nice dinner with our roommates from the hostel, Sophie, Joel and Miki. We went to the Magpie and Stump which is a great Mexican place in Banff that we had been to before. It was $2.50 Taco and $6 Bulldog night (Joel and Miki can’t cook so they find the best deals around town and go out every night) anyway, we had some tacos to start and a meal each (I had Nachos, which were amazing!!) the boys took advantage of the cheap drinks (A bulldog is a lime margarita with an upside down Carona in it) and Sophie and I had some Sangria which was also so amazing.



After our amazing dinner (I’m really hoping to go back there next time we are in Banff) we went to ‘Wild Bills Saloon’ a country western themed pub which have Kareoke and a Mechanical Bull every Tuesday. We didn’t sing but we all had a go of the bull – it was very fun and harder than it looks.

 This is Matt on the bucking bull :)

Seeing there was a 30min wait for the bus, we decided to walk home… UP the hill, IN the snow, -20 degrees…. It was not a fun time, but I guess it’s something I had to experience.

1 comment: