Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Hot springs and Mountains

Hi all,
Just checking in, been a pretty busy couple of days,

First of all, here is a photo from Halloween.



I think our face paint turned out pretty good considering we didn't really have anything planned. I'm glad we decided to do something though because it really is a huge deal over here. We ended up going to a hostel halloween party with our new room mates, It was really good timing because we got to know everyone really well.

This is our room.. Its not the best photo.. but its pretty much 3 bunk beds and not a lot else... we had to  remove all our stuff today so they could clean so its really tidy now.



We have some really cool room mates - there is Matt and I, 2 guys our age from Perth who are both in the same boat as us (looking for jobs and houses), a Canadian girl (same boat again) and another Aussie girl who has already got a job but no where to live yet. As you can tell, there are a lot of Aussies over here.

We have also seen some cool wild life... the other morning when we got up these Elks were outside the window, really close, they got frightened when they saw us though.. there were heaps of them all over the hill.
We also saw another bunny today, he was just sitting beside the footpath,, not sure if he was someone's pet or a wild one be we did see a wild one in Calgary last week so who knows..

We havn't seen any more squirrels...

On Monday night we went up to the hot springs with our room mates, I'm not really sure what I expected but it was pretty much just a big hot pool at a hotel up in the mountains. It was lovely, but I didn't take any photos. I spent most of the time jumping in and out because I'd get too hot sitting in the pool, then get too cold sitting out..

Yesterday (Tuesday) Matt and I climbed Tunnel Mountain, one of the mountains close by. It was really tough! It took us about an hour to hike to the top, and it was really windy and cold (snowing on top) but the views were absolutely amazing. 

This is about half way up, looking over the town..

 This is on the top looking over the valley on the other side.


The photos don't really do it justice, but it was truely breathtaking,

Bye for now, lots of love from Stef & Matt x




1 comment:

  1. Hey Stef, It's good to read your stories. The scenery is really beautiful - can't wait to see it covered with snow. xxx

    ReplyDelete