A few weeks ago I went snowboarding for the first time..
well it was more like snow tumbling.Last week I made up a new winter sport. I
call it, snow tumbling. That is, I spent
more time on my bum than I did standing on the board.
To be fair, the day we went, it had been snowing for about 3
days and the snow was so soft and powdery that it felt like falling on a cloud,
however, it made it difficult as the board kept sinking into the fresh snow.
The kiddies hill that I would have used to practice and hone
my skills was just unusable because of how deep the snow was and the fact that
the hill isn’t at all steep enough to get any speed, so I was FORCED to go up
to the top of the really big hill in the chair lift which froze my face off!
Now THIS hill WAS steep and I picked up so much speed…..but
then I would get scared and jump down into the snow. I guess I did learn 2
useful skills, how to stop and how to stand back up.
-------
Last week I went snowboarding again, this time with Matt and
the weather was a lot better so we could use the kiddie’s hill. Matt walked me
down holding my hand and tried to teach me about stopping and using my heels
and toes to steer. After about 2 or 3 hours I was a lot better than when I first
started and Matt was quite proud.
(Photos to come.. having computer difficulties :)
You're so brave Stef, especially now that your face has been frozen off! Ha ha, it sounds like you had a lot of fun trying to snowboard & you have to start somewhere Snow tumbling- amazing new sport taking off in Canada!
ReplyDelete